Numerical Bubble Growth
(Fortran-77 Code provided by A. Proussevitch and D. Sahagian)
Notes to use/run the code:
- First, you need to compile the code (nbubble.f) for your operating system.
For example, if you use Unix you need to execute the following command on
your command line prompt: ">>f77 nbubble.f". This will
produce executable file named "a.out". You might need to use some
useful compiler switched and your command might look like ">>f77 -N -O -cg89 -sun4
-o nbubble bubble.f" (this one will produce executable file named
- If your resulting executable file name is "a.out", please,
rename it to "nbubble" by executing Unix command ">>mv
- In order to run the model you must use input file name as an argument
input for the executable command/file name. Example: ">>nbubble
- You might need to edit values of input parameters in the "nbubble.dat"
file in order to create your own model runs.
- The program generates a number of output files in plain text format that
have a fixed width tables of output data.
- Since I did not modify this code recently, it might have some obsolete
functions for calculating, say, diffusion coefficients. You might want to
update/rewrite those functions or ask me to do that.
- Good luck to you!
Reference: .Proussevitch, A. and D. Sahagian (1998). “Dynamics and Energetics of Bubble
Growth in Magmas: Analytical Formulation and Numerical Modeling.” J. Geophys.
Res. 103: 18223-18251.